Children’s Activity Leader for Alameda Congregation
The Live Oak Unitarian Universalist Fellowship in Alameda seeks a part- time children’s activity leader/teacher at 1700 Santa Clara Ave. (at Christ Episcopal Church) in Alameda, for two Sunday afternoons/month.
- Have experience working with children.
- Be present in our congregation 3:30-5:30 pm on first and third Sunday of each month, when our congregation gathers for worship and fellowship.
- Take lead responsibility for planning and leading children’s activities during the 45 minutes they are in their own space while adults are in the worship services.
Ideal candidate would have:
- Experience with preschool or elementary school-aged children, preferably in a school or religious organization.
- Some background or interest in Unitarian Universalist principles, and an ability to plan and lead classes/activities for children based on UU resources or other sources.
- Willingness to participate in planning a few special activities for all ages, such as Alameda’s Earth Day Festival, or volunteering at Alameda Point Collaborative.
Position is for 12-16 hours per month. This includes physical presence within the congregation for two Sundays/month. Responsibilities during those Sunday afternoons focus on leading children’s class activities during adult worship service, and meeting every 1-2 months before or after the worship service with those volunteers who support the children’s program.
In addition, Teacher will do the following at place and time of her/his choice:
1. Communicate electronically with congregation’s Children & Youth Committee members to prepare for future classes or events.
2. Sometimes present a brief “Story/Activity for All Ages” at worship services
3. Meet 1-2 times/year with congregational volunteers to reflect and brainstorm together regarding children and youth within our congregation.
Financial Compensation: $20-25/hour, depending on experience and skills.
Please send a letter of application and a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position announcement is posted at: http://uuliveoak.org/jobs/
Position will begin when a candidate is selected and a start date is arranged.
Printable PDF of above job description.